It would appear that we are at a reaching point of useful new features in IOS. At least ones I can name off the top of my head, However with all new technology we can not predict what Apple or other parties have dreamed up. For now this is my wish list for IOS 6. Not necessarily in order of priority order. tv
Please fill the comments with your ideas! I will publish them and credit you in an upcoming post tv
- Junk Mail Control (I know theoretically it should not need it , but a lot still gets thru). No
- Group Email (oh do I need a good group email function for address book) No
- More control of address book functions (like manipulation of contacts into groups) No
- NFC for Electronic Payments (let’s get started with it tied to iTunes account). Yes, Passport
- Tab key on the keyboard (what’s up with that). Maybe
- APIs for the notification center, (I miss Weather and Stocks in my iPad notification center) No
- Ability to delete Apple apps that are no longer used (some of these Apple needs like address book but others like stocks they do not). No
- Signatures, multiple. Yes!!!
- rebirth of the bounce feature in mail (why did they drop that anyway). No
- Ability to attach files and photos from within an email. Yes!!!
Over all Apple only hit 3 out my 10 wishes for IOS 6, Not Great
During Intel’s annual investor day on Thursday, CEO Paul Otellini outlined the company’s plan to leverage its multi-billion-dollar chip fabrication plants, thousands of developers and industry sway to catch up in the lucrative mobile device sector, reports Forbes.
“Our job is to ensure our silicon is so compelling, in terms of running the Mac better or being a better iPad device, that as they make those decisions they can’t ignore us,” Otellini said.
The problem for Intel is two fold, First; this happens only if Apple is able to customize Intel’s chip to their specifications in order to maintain its dominance over competitors. Many reviewers neglect to credit Apple’s customized chips for the smooth user experience Apple can create by this process. Android like the Windows platform suffers from lowest common denominator approach to satisfy the many hardware accommodations needed to support their system. Second: Currently Apple’s ARM processors are produce by its untrustworthy manufacturer Samsung. Apple knows enough not to put all it’s eggs in one basket the beauty of ARM is that Apple can choose from many manufacturers, their problem encounter with Samsung is one of huge supply, Apple is working boldly to help other producers come up to speed, see related post below Maybe Intel can be trusted but they would have to supply a very compelling product, which I think is what Otellini is referring to. tv
Read our post about Apple’s Think Different business approach
read our related post about The coming of WWIII here